We are happy to announce today that version 7 of Nirvana is now available.
Since our last post on this blog, my-Channels has been acquired by Software AG. This is good news and we are excited about Nirvana finding a home with one of the world’s leading enterprise software companies.
Now that we have become part of the Software AG family, Nirvana is being incorporated into the webMethods suite. As part of this, the product has been renamed to webMethods Nirvana Messaging.
While Nirvana will now be available as part of the webMethods suite it will also continue to be sold as a standalone product. webMethods Nirvana 7 is the first release of Nirvana which is available in either configuration.
What’s New in webMethods Nirvana Messaging 7?
The 7.0 release is largely as promised in our previous blogs:
By way of reminder here are some of the key innovations that have been added in this version.
- Shared memory driver for ultra fast intra host messaging
- Addition of Multicast drivers for both server-to-server and server-to-client communication.
- We have entered the Internet Of Things market with support for the MQTT protocol.
- Further performance enhancements throughout the server and client APIs.
- We now support WAN replication between Nirvana clusters using inter-cluster Nirvana joins.
- There is a new lightweight synchronous Administration API for ‘configuration only’ use cases.
- Batching of API calls has been broadened to include, for instance, channel creation and deletion.
As always if you have any questions about the new version please contact our